- giggled again
- grinned like a Banshee
- carried it like a prize into work
- worn a secret smile
- shown it to some colleagues while laughing maniacally and saying, "oh my effing god, I wrote a book. Look. I wrote a book."
- held it up to the sky and whispered, "I wrote a book, bitches."
- sniffed every page
- undressed it
- thrust the spine in peoples' faces. "Look the ink is shiny." Look the cover is embossed."
- shown a few students
- read the first chapter in book form and thought, "whoa, random teenagers will be reading my book."
- thought, "who am I now?"
- carried the book around under my arm during planning period in the hopes of running into more hapless victims who I could shock by whipping it out and saying "look. my book."
- laughed maniacally
- snuck into the library, okay marched, and shelved it in alphabetical order just to see what it would look like
- stared at it on the shelf for a long enough period of time that it became awkward
- petted the shiny cover
- held the shiny cover to my cheek
- realized the day was one of the most amazing days of my life
- celebrated with a cupcake. as one does.
Friday, November 14, 2014
A Possible List of Things I Might Have Done
Upon receipt of my advance hardcover copy of NO PLACE TO FALL in my mailbox yesterday morning.