Friday, November 14, 2014

A Possible List of Things I Might Have Done

Upon receipt of my advance hardcover copy of NO PLACE TO FALL in my mailbox yesterday morning.


  • giggled
  • cried
  • giggled again
  • grinned like a Banshee
  • carried it like a prize into work
  • worn a secret smile
  • shown it to some colleagues while laughing maniacally and saying, "oh my effing god, I wrote a book. Look. I wrote a book."
  • held it up to the sky and whispered, "I wrote a book, bitches."
  • sniffed every page
  • undressed it
  • thrust the spine in peoples' faces. "Look the ink is shiny." Look the cover is embossed."
  • shown a few students
  • giggled
  • read the first chapter in book form and thought, "whoa, random teenagers will be reading my book."
  • thought, "who am I now?"
  • giggled
  • carried the book around under my arm during planning period in the hopes of running into more hapless victims who I could shock by whipping it out and saying "look. my book."
  • laughed maniacally
  • snuck into the library, okay marched, and shelved it in alphabetical order just to see what it would look like
  • stared at it on the shelf for a long enough period of time that it became awkward
  • giggled
  • petted the shiny cover
  • held the shiny cover to my cheek
  • giggled
  • realized the day was one of the most amazing days of my life
  • celebrated with a cupcake. as one does.

13 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAH! Grinning, giggling, and crying (a teeny bit) with you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sounds like you did EXACTLY what you were supposed to do! Congratulations!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add "took a selfie with it in my car" to that list...because I'm pretty sure you did...lol.

    I laughed out loud (literally), when I read that you held it up to the sky and whispered, "I wrote a book, bitches." I'm kind of picturing you, standing in the hallway, doing that. A random student who's late to second period sees you, looks a little scared, and scuttles off to class, thinking to himself, "Thank god, she didn't notice I don't have a pass."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeeeees, there may have been a selfie involved. ;)

      Delete
  4. I have the best friends. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. I can't imagine anything more perfect. I am SO thrilled for you!!! I seriously cannot wait to read your words. Bitches better recognize! Ha. Cupcake cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Sounds like a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAHHHH!!!! So awesome!! So happy for you, my friend!!!!!!!!!

    Wait...I think this calls for even more EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge congrats! I especially like all the carrying around and shelving in the library points.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "held it up to the sky and whispered, "I wrote a book, bitches."

    I think this one is my favorite. And also cupcakes because you can't ever go wrong with cupcakes.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed out loud at the 'held it to the sky' bullet point. That was awesome!! =D Enjoyed getting to read about your range of emotions- I'd be doing the same!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! LOVE this post! I can practically feel your giddiness and enthusiasm from here. So cool!!! Congratulations, and best of luck with your release!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'