In list format! My favorite!
So here are six things happening in my world.
1. My first pass pages came! These are the stack of pages you get, printed in the fonts and headings and flibberdygibbets that the real book is going to be printed in. It's cool. It's awesome. It's 354 pages! It's also scary as it's the last time I can make changes. I'm trying not to obsess, but I seem to be wildly vacillating between pride and "oh god, this is awful." They're due March 10th and I'm slowly picking my way through a few chapters at a time.
2. I just finished my first full (almost) week of school. We did have a two hour delay on Thursday so I guess it still wasn't a real full week. But after close to a month off, with only an intermittent day in attendance for not-inclement weather, I was exhausted and spent the whole day in bed yesterday (with the exception of farm chores).
3. I've been reading a whole bunch of 2014 release ARCS. I really enjoyed HEXED by Michelle Krys, an irreverent funny teen witch story set in Los Angeles. Lots of laughing out loud. It's something I probably wouldn't have picked out on my own and I would have missed a good one. I also thought Tara Dairman's ALL FOUR STARS, a middle grade about a young foodie with big dreams was totally adorable. I've just started THESE GENTLE WOUNDS by Helene Dunbar and I think it's going to be a heart wrenching contemporary, one of my favorite kinds. So put these on your TBR lists!
4. I finished my WIP, WHO I THOUGHT YOU WERE, during all my snow days. Six weeks, people! It was sort of my own little JaNoWriMo. Along with the help of my #30mdare folks on Twitter. Now it's time for the clean up. I have high hopes for this manuscript but honestly, I'm a little scared to start the revisions because of those high hopes.
5. I'm tired of winter. I need blue sky days and more daylight. But that damn groundhog says otherwise.
|What I think of you, Weather Dog|
That's me! What's up with you? Read any good books lately? Been anywhere tropical?