Sunday, November 24, 2013

Some Random Jro Trivia for Pitch Wars participants

My pre-teen sulk was perfected.

In stalking looking at other mentor's sites, I realized I didn't give you much trivia, so here goes!

I can touch my nose with my tongue. 

I once worked for a company that had non-gambling poker tables set up at bars for people to play but THEY COULD NOT BET. Most annoying job ever. 

I'm a biologically half-Jew (whole according to the Torah - mom) who grew up Episcopal, going to Passover at my aunt's house and attending Catholic high school. I still pray but mostly out in the woods and to something greater than me that I cannot name (because I'm not really down with the whole white-bearded man in the sky routine but I'm okay if you are - I'm very faithful about faith). 

I like pesto. A lot. 

I'm not a gamer. I'd rather read or bake or take hikes or ride horses.

I'm not a superhero fan (except for Wonder Woman and Cat Woman who kick ass). 

I tend toward quirk like Wes Anderson films and my favorite type of party is one with a project, like an annual Peep carnival party I go to where we drink and build scenes with Peeps. Best. Time. Ever.

I love Lady Gaga but I also love the Avett brothers. My musical taste is sort of like my religious upbringing. (Electric Guest is a new favorite - Trouble Man - best song Evah!)

I think Disney princesses are the ruination of young girls' minds. Yeah, so I'm sort of a feminist. (But I love a good male protagonist) 

I do LOVE Firefly, Game of Thrones, the old Star Trek and the new, Harry Potter (Ravenclaw, represent!), Justified!. Give me nineties movies and I'll give you gold. 

I loved Banksy before he came to NYC last month. My phone cover is one of his pieces. I love the concept of art for the masses (Bread and Puppet theatre anyone?)

I'm a liberal. There may be other l words that apply to me, as well. ;0)

If I could be a current actress it would be JLaw because she says it like she needs to. 

I live in 14 acres in rural western NC which is sort of wacky considering it is the peg that is in the buckle of the Bible Belt, but there's an awesome artist's community here because of Penland School of Crafts. I have 4 Morgan horses, a goat, 3 cats, 4 dogs, a guinea hen, a Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster, and 3 old hens that don't lay anymore. No partridges but there are a couple of pear trees.

Want more? Ask a question below and I'll give you an answer :)
Want to jump to my wish list? CLICK HERE.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Disney princesses. . . I can think of two examples.

    Nice trivia - you have a lot of animals that I like - horses, goats, etc. Good luck with the mentoring. Would love to hear of your experience, after the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone you end up mentoring is going to be super lucky! (And does your guinea hen make the most obnoxious noises? Ours used to--I can still hear it in my head!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my students used to have that look. "Go on. Teach me. I dare you." Then again, maybe it's not a sulk. Were you maybe thinking, "Please care about me"? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'