Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Five otherwise known as "What's been Happening!"

Hello everyone - I feel like such a slacker blogger in relation to personal posts, so I'm throwing up a quick Friday Five.

1. This video's been around for a while but it gives me great joy. One, the timing of the music and the cat is PERFECT. Two, I used to have a Siamese named Skeeter who had perfected the move at the end. We called him Ninja cat as he'd fly like this cat, but vertically with all four paws out in front, when he was attacking dogs. Anyway, enjoy.


2. My edits are pretty much DONE! We went to the copyeditor on Tuesday, so now I have some time off from NO PLACE TO FALL. AAAAAAAHHHHHH........wish I could lounge on a beach in Tahiti.

3. I attended SCBWI Carolinas this past weekend and it was great. I saw old friends and made new friends and as always left inspired and filled with the well that is kidlit. Dan Yaccarino gave a hugely inspiring ending keynote speech - he's awesome. It was hard to return to high school teacher land after being in writer land.

4. I haven't been riding like I should. I feel so overwhelmed between teaching, art club, writing, life. Trying not to be guilty about it. Pretty hard as I had equal doses of Jewish and Catholic guilt as a child. But I've secured hay for the winter and they are loved, so I suppose it's better than some horses' situations.

5. Tomorrow I'm going to the brand new Trader Joe's in Asheville. I've been hearing about this utopia of a grocery store for YEARS and this will be my virgin voyage. Anything I shouldn't pass up?

That's a recap. How are you?

15 comments:

  1. My TJ shopping list often includes cheeses (aged Gruyere, Manchego, and goat Gouda are great), yummy yogurts (the chocolate ones and the blueberry/vanilla packs) and then seriously their frozen entrees are so good. I'm particular to their Asparagus Risotto and Gorgonzola Gnocci.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your edits being done!!! Such an amazing milestone!

    We went to Trader Joes while in California and as I remember we were quite partial to the chocolate we found by the front counter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had their chocolate before and YES!

      Delete
  3. Yayay for being done with edits! I'll bet that feels amazing :) Definitely beach-worthy.

    Trader Joes--oh, how I miss it! I'm partial to their mini chocolate chip cookies (the ones in the big tubs), peanut butter filled pretzels, and pretty much anything chocolate covered. Clearly all the healthy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, the music IS timed perfectly! Cats are so great :)

    The closest TJ to me is still a pretty far drive, but one of my former co-workers used to bring in TJ frozen meals that smelled good. Even his cup o' soups looked pretty decent.

    Congrats on finishing the edits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that cat video before. It's still funny. Congratulations on finishing your edits and just being so productive over all. I've heard about the magic of Trader Joe's as well. I need to visit one ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have one in Downtown Brooklyn. I bet in Manhattan as well.

      Delete
  6. Woo woo on the edits!

    And I seriously think of that cat every time I hear Sail. Every. Time. (Twice yesterday)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A student showed me a Vine of this creepy looking girl in a mall doing it and looking at a "sale" sign. That was good, too :0)

      Delete
  7. Had to laugh about equal doses of guilt. But that hay laid in for the winter sounds very cozy. Let us know how Trader Joe's is. And congrats on going to copyedits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay to your edits!!! Good to hear you enjoyed the con in the Carolinas. Speaking of, next October, I'll may be joining my hubby on his bike trip to that area. It'd be so much fun to meet up for coffee somewhere. I'll keep you in the loop if I decide to go.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'