1. This video's been around for a while but it gives me great joy. One, the timing of the music and the cat is PERFECT. Two, I used to have a Siamese named Skeeter who had perfected the move at the end. We called him Ninja cat as he'd fly like this cat, but vertically with all four paws out in front, when he was attacking dogs. Anyway, enjoy.
2. My edits are pretty much DONE! We went to the copyeditor on Tuesday, so now I have some time off from NO PLACE TO FALL. AAAAAAAHHHHHH........wish I could lounge on a beach in Tahiti.
3. I attended SCBWI Carolinas this past weekend and it was great. I saw old friends and made new friends and as always left inspired and filled with the well that is kidlit. Dan Yaccarino gave a hugely inspiring ending keynote speech - he's awesome. It was hard to return to high school teacher land after being in writer land.
4. I haven't been riding like I should. I feel so overwhelmed between teaching, art club, writing, life. Trying not to be guilty about it. Pretty hard as I had equal doses of Jewish and Catholic guilt as a child. But I've secured hay for the winter and they are loved, so I suppose it's better than some horses' situations.
5. Tomorrow I'm going to the brand new Trader Joe's in Asheville. I've been hearing about this utopia of a grocery store for YEARS and this will be my virgin voyage. Anything I shouldn't pass up?
That's a recap. How are you?