This is my "Hey, what's up?" post. So here goes.
1. I will successfully complete my second week of the 2013-14 school year today and, lord have mercy, am I ever tired. But I have great kids in my classes and they're already doing some awesome art like these quote doodles.
2. I downloaded two new apps on my Iphone that are really fun. Vintique is a photo app that has great filters, frames and text. It was about $1.99 or so. The second one is Over which an app that allows you to put text over photographs and it's got great fonts, many of which I recognize from photos on Pinterest and even new book cover fonts. It was .99. Well worth the investment!
3. Speaking of Pinterest, they finally unblocked it at work for me and talk about opening up my world. So many amazing art project ideas. I can't wait to try some of these out on the students.
4. I paid my conference fee for SCBWI Carolinas and my friend, Jen McConnel, booked us a room, so YAY! Writer Time! In the Near Future! I'm really looking forward to a workshop by Susan Hawk on Great MG Mystery and one on Writing Great Historical Fiction by Monika Schroeder. The WIP I've been playing with is both Historical and a bit of a Middle Grade MG mystery, so hurrah. Plus my mentor and friend, Joy Neaves, will be there talking up Namelos and presenting and I love spending time with her.
5. My edits are back in NY and things are ramping up. I've received an author questionnaire from Harper Collins. I've learned my book will be "pitched" to sales and marketing in October. And I've also heard whispers of cover design on the wind. I should receive another round of line edits from my editor and then off to the copy editor, if all goes well. It's getting so exciting!
That's my five for the week. How's things with you?