Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Books Read in 2012


Sorry for the weird code on my post but I just copied my read list. 98 books and a number of friend's manuscripts. Wow. I doubt I'll read that much this coming year. I'm going to bold some of my very favorites below. These are books that sucked me in with voice, story, and atmosphere. There are many excellent books not marked in bold - but sometimes you've just got to make a decision ;0) What's more, I did manage to hit my goal of 50% of what I read being from 2011/2012 - as a library girl, I often don't end up with new releases and as a result bought more books this year than in previous ones. Which was fun :0)

For 2013, I want to read at least one biography or memoir each month. No number goals or release date goals.

Do you have reading goals for 2013?


Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (2012)
Bad Apple by Laura Ruby
Beauty by Robin McKinley
The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean
Me, The Missing, & The Dead by Jenny Valentine
Paranormalcy by Keirsten White #93
A Long Way From You by Gwendolynn Heasey
Borderline by Allan Stratton
Inexcusable by Chris Lynch
Tell Me A Secret by Holly Cupala
Sexy by Joyce Carol Oates
The Angels of Morgan Hill by Donna Van Liere
The Last Child by John Hart
Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle
Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos (2012)
The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier (2012)
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia
Runaway by Wendelin Van Draanen
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
Wither by Lauren De Stefano (2011)
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen (2011)
Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell (2011)
White Cat by Holly Black (2011)
Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley (2012)
How To Save A Life by Sara Zarr (2011) #72
The Burning of Isobel Key by Jen McConnel (2012)
Fracture by Megan Miranda (2012)
Crossed by Ally Condie (2011)
The Timeless Anthology (2012)
Come See About Me by C.K. Kelly Martin (2012)
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (2012)
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (2012)
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith (2012)
The Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr
Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
Where She Went by Gayle Foreman (2011)
The Roots of the Olive Tree by Courtney Miller Santos (2012)
Sing You Home by Jodi Piccoult #59
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion
Nerve by Jeanne Ryan (2012)
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
Please Ignore Vera Deitz by A.S. King
Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2012)
The Winter Pony by Iain Lawrence (2012)
Ghetto Cowboy by G. Neri (2011)
Wild Girl by Patricia Reilly Giff
The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers (2012)
Tricks by Ellen Hopkins
In Trouble by Ellen Levine (2011)
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater (2012)
The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Whitaker (2012)
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein (2012) #42
The Disenchantments by Nina LaCouer (2012)
Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper
The Angels Are the Reapers by Alden Bell
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily Danforth (2011)
Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
Ashfall by Mike Mullin (2011)
Colors Like Memories by Meradeth Houston (2012)
No-Name Baby by Nancy Bo Flood (2011)
Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray (2011)
Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
Shadows by Ilsa J. Blick (2012)
Ashes by Ilsa J. Blick (2011)
The Mostly True Story of Jack by Kelly Barnhill (2011)
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (2011)
Blink & Caution by Tim Wynne-Jones (2011)
City of Ashes by Cassandra Claire (#27)
Jump by Elisa Carbone
Life, After by Sarah Darer Littman
Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys (2011)
What Can('t) Wait by Ashley Hope Perez (2011)
This Lullaby by Sarah Desssen
Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Everything I Was by Corinne Demas (2011)
Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfor
Creature of the Night by Kate Thompson
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler (2011)
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeiffer
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (2011)
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Divergent by Veronica Roth (2011)
The Beans of Egypt, Maine by Carolyn Chute
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green (2012)
Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez (2011)
Return to Sender by Julia Alvarez
A Million Suns by Beth Revis (2012)
By the Time You Read This I'll Be Dead by Julie Ann Peters
Article Five by Kristen Simmons (2012)
City of Bones by Cassandra Claire
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (2011)
The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens (2011)

4 comments:

  1. No reading goals yet, but since the 1st, I've analyzed 4 picture books and started reading The Raven Boys. Looking for more well-written character-driven picture books. I'm using them to hone my own craft at writing them. :) Great list for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I read some great books this year. Hope to do the same this - but I need to slow down a bit and get some other stuff done, too!

      Delete
  2. That's an awesome list! I didn't get to that many books this year so I'm hoping to top 2012's total next year (I hope!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an impressive list! I've read a number of them, but there's more that I haven't read. The more I read, the more I haven't read. I'm in a funny place of both wanting to read more and less right now. Less because I want to make sure I'm putting my WIP first at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'