Monday, December 31, 2012

Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2013

Earlier this week, I saw the post Dahlia Adler did over at her blog, The Daily Dahlia, about the list of things she's looking forward to in 2013. Rather than do resolutions this year, I'm going to copy her format (with her permission).

So here's my list.


  1. I'm greatly looking forward to working with my editor, Sarah Dotts Barley at Harper Teen as we prepare Sing to the Wind for flight in 2014. It's all new, so it's all exciting, daunting, terrifying and amazing.
  2. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community of debut authors at OneFourKidLit (@onefourkidlit) as we buzz into authordom.
  3. My fall writing retreat with critique partners from places as far flung as Vermont and possibly Texas who are coming to my neck of the woods for fun and communion.
  4. A longer summer because of a change in our school's calendar.
  5. My advance check! I'm redoing my bathroom and some other things around the house that have been on the back burner for forever. My splurge is going to be an Ipad Mini and paying a horse trainer to start my two youngsters. (see last year's resolutions post)
  6. My parent's 50th wedding anniversary which we're celebrating on an Arizona dude ranch.
  7. A trip with sweetie to Savannah for research on the WIP.
  8. Exciting news I'm sure's going to come for writer friends on sub and in the query trenches.
  9. Losing the final 17 pounds from my goal of 30 pounds and being back within the normal weight range for my height.
  10. Reading more great books!

I'm sure there's more, but 10 seems like a nice even number. What are you looking forward to in 2013?

13 comments:

  1. So many exciting things coming up for you this year! :D

    I'm most looking forward to completing my WIP (finally) and getting to work on another project, hearing lots of good news from my writer friends, and going to my first real writing convention in October.

    Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Writing Cons are THE BEST! Have a ball (October is my retreat too and it seems so far away)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go on retreat - I'll have to add that to my to-do list! :)

      Delete
    2. Conventions are fantastic, but retreats are a whole different shade of wonderful.

      I'm not sure NC is going to survive October.

      I'm looking forward to that and a ton of other things. Hmmm. Perhaps I should do a post ;)

      Delete
  3. I love your list!! Always exciting to see how authors spend their advance money and you've definitely got some fun things ahead! Plus, I looove Savannah - such a beautiful city. I hope you have a great time and I can't wait to read THIS book in addition to SING TO THE WIND!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dahlia! And thanks for letting me borrow your blog idea!

      Delete
  4. Great goals! Wishing you all the best in 2013. It's going to be a fabulous year!! So happy for you and your publishing Sing to the Wind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list! And if I ever get an advance check, I'm totally redoing my bathroom too :) With a claw-foot tub. I've always wanted one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my bathtub is straight backed and awful - it is the impetus for the whole renovation! (that and the rotting floor from an old leak - oops)

      Delete
  6. I am looking forward to reading Sing to the Wind, even if it won't be out until 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, #1 sounds fun! 2014 will be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'