Thursday, November 29, 2012

All the Gratitude!!!!!!! SipSwap!

Several months ago, I signed up to participate in this cool blog hop called SipSwap. The idea behind Sipswap was for writers to exchange mugs with other writers. Most of us love a hot beverage when we write, so it was a perfect idea. The brain children behind this fun exchange were Jessica Love and Kelsey Macke.

Well, guess what?

Lucky me got picked by both of them!!

Jessica was my Sipswap person, having drawn my name for a mug. First I got a sweet card from her saying my mug was on its way from an Etsy seller and she didn't want me to think I'd been forgotten. That was on Friday I think. On Monday, November 26th I came home to this:

It was absolutely silly my reaction when I opened the box. I'm in the pre-publication stage where I haven't gotten edit notes and the book deal still feels kind of like a dream I might wake up from at any moment. So opening that box and seeing those words, IN PRINT, blew me away. I might have shed a wee little tear. So, utterly perfect this mug. Plus, it is a great drinking mug. I've had coffee in it 2 mornings this week.

The mug has my book's  name on it!!!!!

I put it on top of my TBR pile and imagined it as a book!


But just when I thought my warm, fuzzy feelings couldn't possibly get any fuzzier, I came home to ANOTHER box in my mail. This one from Kelsey Macke. At first, before I opened it, I was all like, "Huh? But Jessica drew me." Then I opened it and saw this:


And I was still all like, "Huh?" Then I opened the card and found yet another sweet note, telling me I'd won the giveaway from Kelsey's blog. Wowee, color me lucky, look at this plunder:


Thank you, SO MUCH, ladies. This was such an awesome idea and I love my spoils (the Godiva pretzels may or may not be half-eaten already). My Write or Die tag is on my bulletin board. I'm keeping the awesome skeleton mug for my tea at school and my title mug at home for coffee. I will be caffeinated in total style. (P.S. Kelsey, I loved your note card so much I went to her website and ordered some for my sister-in-law for the holiday)

Okay, I'm off to brew a cuppa! Cheers!

17 comments:

  1. Your book on a mug! That's fantastic and sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Erin Condren's designs are like CRACK! Whatever you do, DON'T look at her teacher planners or you'll never live without them again! :D

    You're so welcome, sweet lady! I'm so happy the internet has brought us together! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I had to stay in gift mode, but I've picked out some cards for myself, too, for the future :0)

      Delete
  3. Ohh, that is so, so neat! I love seeing your book title in print too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's a very nice mug, makes me want to replace my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the pictures of your beautiful gifts! How special to have a mug with your book title on it :) So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cool! (Congrats on the book deal, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool! Congrats on your book deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. grats on your book and yeah for awesome mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky you are, and I love that the first mug has your book name! ;) Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, that's such a thoughtful mug. And congrats on the book deal, so awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mug and I know you can't wait to see that title in print!

    Congrats on winning the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'