Sunday, September 9, 2012

Down by the River

I live in a beautiful part of the country. Less than ten minutes, by trail, from my house is the North Toe River - it's a lovely river, with rocks and rapids, and kayakers and I've even heard tell of the occasional otter. So I'm sharing my morning walk with you.


And you'd think that living so far out the dogs could be off-leash. Well it's bow season and see that raised nose on Bosco (black and tan hound/boxer mix) - that's him tasting the smell of deer on the air. He'd be off like a flash with Walter the Great Pyrenees on his heals and then I'd worry. So - they're country leash dogs.


Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and you got outside to enjoy nature.


12 comments:

  1. That's so lovely, J.Ro! My Pre is just like Bosco. No way she could ever been off lease.

    Thanks for sharing your walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this beautiful post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chasing those two would be crazy. Beautiful dogs in a breath-taking scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doggies! Nature! I miss going out on hikes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I'd love a daily hike like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures! looks like an awesome place for a morning walk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! Such escapes are always so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pictures! I need to get out a little more, now that the temperature has cooled off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, JRo! Thanks for sharing your walk (and your gorgeous dogs!) with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your walk with me. Just now catching up with my blog reading. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'