Friday, May 25, 2012

Pop On Over and Say Hi!


This is the new dude in my life. My daughter, who came to me when she was twelve, made a detour in life that had me in a whirl. Summer after graduation from high school, this little guy came into her life. Now nine months later, he's in my mine. I'm pleased to introduce baby Toney, a little guy at 5 lbs. 10 oz. born on May 15th.

I feel the farthest thing in the world from a (eep, I can't even say it) grandmother, but I guess I am. He's pretty special. And he's helping daughter realize she does need us, and he's helping his daddy realize there are more things in the world than video games - we all can celebrate Toney's dad's new job. It's a rough road ahead for these young people, but with support and love, and this little guy, I think they may make it.

And if you feel like it, I'm guest posting on Marilyn Almodovar's blog today. She posed the question "What makes a strong female lead in Ya books?" I posed the question to my students. You might enjoy their answers.  Go here.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a beautiful boy! It's amazing what these little guys can teach us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bundle of cuteness. I know you'll give a load of loving support as his parents journey down that rough road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beauty and hard roads of life...Glad you shared this with us so we can be thinking of all of you in the days and years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little boy and huge congratulations to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and enjoy your grandbaby. He's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He really is cute. Now I just have to decide on some cool name to be called.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats for becoming a granny! Will you knit me something? *giggles* I love knitting, I have a strange collection of self-knitted animals. :D

    Seriously though, he's a gorgeous little thing! Wish him the best, and your daughter tons of patience and a solid, steady realization of her place in life, and of course -- wish you a great time watching a brand new human being formed!

    I loved your post on female leads. Great idea, Jaye, you should totally make more such inquiries into your students' minds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's gorgeous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's a cutie. And speaking as someone who's travelled that rough road you speak of, things can work out beautifully. Best to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurita - I know it can work and that's what I've been trying to focus on.

      Delete
  10. So cute! He'll definitely be growing along with his parents. Best wishes for awesome grandma-hood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on becoming grandmom. My boys aren't married yet, but my friends tell me that seeing your grandchild, and hanging out with him/her is a transcendant feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and enjoy your precious bundle of joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to the whole family! Families come together in all kinds of ways, and they all can be beautiful and wonderful - and no road is easy all the way through!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, he is So cute! Sending my best for all of life's unexpected blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, he's amazing, JRo! And, so tiny!! Congrats to everyone in your family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'