Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lucky Seven Meme Tag- Y'all just want to watch me run like a goofy chicken.

So this week, the blogosphere has pointed at me, not once, but twice, demanding, insisting, begging to know what goes on behind the wizard's curtain.  And, if you are so desperate, anxious, foolish to want to see my scribblings, well here you are. But first, who tagged me?

Veronica Sicoe, the mad, witty, and brilliant blogger over at Building Character
Cortney Pearson, the effervescent, humorous, and pink! blogger at Writer by Day, Mommy Always

Be sure and check out their memes.
The rules are as such:
Go to page 7 or 77 of your current MS/WIP, or go to line 7 (for short fiction)
Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences or paragraphs and post them as they are written.
Tag 7 authors and let them know.

The manuscript you're sampling, is Marks of a Horsekeeper, an upper Middle Grade horse girl adventure story that's tag line is National Velvet meets Road Warrior. In this scene, Roan my protagonist, has stumbled lost out of the woods to the outlier camp of an elderly woman named Fay.

“You like dog?” Fay asked.

Roan remembered a story Papa had told her about animals once used in the Community for herding and hunting. He’d teared up when he spoke of the fever that had spread through the beasts at around the same time as the last human outbreak. The community had been forced to kill every last one of them.

“Dog?” she asked and looked around the room to see if she’d missed one of the creatures.

“Yeah. Loathsome beasts, tear around here in vicious packs. Some say they make pretty good friends. I say they make good eatin’.”

And now for my victims (remember, this is a voluntary activity.) I'm picking my newest Twitter followers with blogs.

Be sure and let me know if you post so I can read your meme!

10 comments:

  1. *shriek!* Good eatin'?! I was happily minding my own business, looking around the camp, and you're sticking pooch stew in my face? What kind of a witch are you? *runs away crying*

    Can you tell I like your writing? ;) Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No real dogs were harmed in the making of this manuscript.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already am in love with Fay. Great excerpt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwah! Pretty good eaten', eh? Yum. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Jaye! Thanks for tagging me. :-)

    I don't promise to be quick about it, but it will get done eventually. That's the way this toddler mom rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snippet. LOL - I'm so thrilled that no actual dogs were harmed in the making of your manuscript. Thank you for the tag. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Yeah. Loathsome beasts, tear around here in vicious packs. Some say they make pretty good friends. I say they make good eatin’.”

    Oh, that's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I feel all warm and writerly inside! Y'all are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'