Sunday, April 15, 2012

I've Been Tagged - Doubly So! - in the 7-7-7 Challenge

I've been tagged twice this week by friends in the blogosphere.  My friend and sometimes beta reader, Lora Rivera at her blog of the same name and Donna McNicol, a new friend from the A-Z Challenge, at her blog, My Write Spot.

The 7-7-7- Challenge:
Flip to page 77  or page 7 of your current WIP.
Find line 7.
Post the 7 sentences that follow.
Tag 7 more writers.



The WIP I'm choosing is my contemporary young adult novel, working title Through Hiker, but I'm pretty sure it's going to have a different name when it's all said and done.  Keep in mind this is a first draft, so this might not even end up in the final to-do.



“So, Hot Chocolate, you taking my friend, Amber, here to the dance Friday?”

“C.A.!” My mouth drops. She will truly say anything.

Sean just laughs. “Sure, Jennifer, my girlfriend is so hawt. It would be like, so stupid, not to take her.” His Clueless inflection is spot-on perfect.

C.A. looks confused. “Jennifer?”

“Generic name for a white girl. Especially a blonde, blue-eyed one.”

C.A. thinks for a second, then snort laughs and slugs Sean on the shoulder. “That’s awesome.” 


And now to tag seven more writers:

How About this - if you follow me and want to be tagged, you're tagged (Sorry Lora and Donna - but I'm burned out from A-Z and can't run around linking up - please forgive me!!!)

8 comments:

  1. This tiny dialogue already makes me curious about the characters - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the excerpt....and don't fret about tagging others. It's all for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand, sometimes it's a pain to sort through all of the links!

    Great dialogue! Most 7-7-7 posts are full of description but I love that yours has dialogue :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the dialogue right off the bat--nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody - it feels weird to stick up an abstract bit of dialogue out of the middle of a first draft. Plus the character, C.A. (aka Cheerleader Amber), is really different from the rest of the characters. She's comic relief and the most grounded out of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may be an abstract bit of dialogue, but it was fun and made me want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Brave of you to offer up a bit of your first draft. But your dialogue is fun, with a lot of inflection, and also insight into who these new characters are. Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'