Tuesday, January 10, 2012

High School Tuesday - Do me a solid

I'm back in the hallowed halls this week and students are abuzz with Christmas gifts and THINGS that happened. Lots of gossip and whisperings. New hook ups - arms slung around new shoulders. People fired from their jobs or hired and excited. Transfers in and transfers out.

For me, it's getting used to a whole new gang of hormones and so far it seems like it's shaping up to be an interesting semester. Not awful, but I'll definitely be kept on my toes.

I'm out of here tonight to head to Fireside Books for the launch of Beth Revis' new book, A MILLION SUNS, and plan to get all fan-girly-girl while there. Hopefully I'll be able to add a photo to this post later.

So I'll keep this brief.  The new phrase for this week is "Do me a solid."

A student popped in my room. "Hey Ms. J.Ro, would you do me a solid?"
I'm all like, "huh?"
"Favor," she said. "Do me a favor."
"Ohhhhhh."
Unfortunately I couldn't do the favor she wanted, but I learned a new phrase.

Keep your eyes and ears tuned for a giveaway in the near future!
I'll be asking you to do me a solid and spread the word.

4 comments:

  1. Hey. You put the finger [pen?] on why I write historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Do me a soild is hilarious! It sounds like a weird way of saying you have to go to the bathroom or something:)
    I'm totally jealous that you get to go to the Beth Revis signing. Be a fan girl for me too and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I have never heard this! And it totally reminds me of solid waste; I agree with Deana! Kids these days... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'