Last week, Lisa Ann Chickos over at Kicked, Cornered, Bitten and Chased presented me with the Versatile Blogger award.
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.(or 5 like me - you will not be smited.)
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
So, in honor of Lisa Ann Chickos' writing and animal blog I am giving you seven random animal facts from my life.
1. My first horse was named Josephine. I thought she was fabulous. I even had an outfit to match.
2. I took my first riding lessons at Bit & Spur Stables. One day I was so excited to get there, I opened the car door and got out before my mother had stopped the car. I scared the heck out of her as I rolled across the dirt lot.
3. Once, when vacationing in the Boston area, we ate at a restaurant and Lassie and her handler were there. Because she was a celebrity (the actor dog was a she portraying a he), she was allowed in. I don't think I ate a bite and my parent's had to drag me away from her so her handler could enjoy his meal. I remember getting a paw print autographed trading card. Don't know whatever happened to it.
4. In about 4th grade, we had a class hamster. Each weekend one student had the honor of bringing him home. The weekend it was my turn, my big yellow Labrador, Ryan, grew curious. I still have the scars of being responsible for murdering the class pet. My mother even called our cardiologist neighbor to try and revive him.
5. My grandmother in New York state raised a fawn. Baby Doe, as she was called, slept on my great grandmother's porch until she grew into a doe and eventually was called back to the wild. I think I'm thirteen or fourteen in this photo. My grandfather is at the table.
6. I have rescued 3 horses, countless dogs, and countless cats. I had a litter of five female beagle pups born in my bathroom on St. Patrick's Day (the shelter had Parvo and couldn't take in the very pregnant mother). The mother beagle, Bitsy, is in my Marks of a Horsekeeper manuscript. They all found homes, one pup as far away as Massachusetts.
7. I honestly believe I have a dog that continues to come into my life over, and over, again. First he was Clyde, then he was Peanut, now Hazel. You decide.
So now for the recipients of the Versatile Blogger Award:
- The girls at Live to Write, Edit when Necessary - Their blog is always interesting, never dull and with two bloggers, they are indeed versatile.
- Anne Stampler at Novel in the Oven, because her posts inspire me and I think we are of the same generation.
- Jenna Cooper at Finding the Write Way because of her youth and enthusiasm. She makes me smile.
- To Meradeth at Write Stuff because of overall awesomeness and soon-to-be world travels!
- To Linda Benson at her blog of the same name - because she's a horse girl like me.
And NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY - THE FIRST ONE EVER ON THIS BLOG - A SIGNED (WITH SECRET MESSAGE) COPY OF BETH REVIS' NEW RELEASE, A MILLION SUNS, ALONG WITH SOME COOL SWAG! (don't forget to click the Rafflecopter boxes!)