Tuesday, September 13, 2011

High School Tuesday

I've been searching for what I can do on my blog to make it be different, unique, special. Yadda. Yadda. Mostly I just like to run my mouth. But then, I realized, one thing I have going for me is I actually teach at a high school. I actually deal with those we write YA for everyday.

So here are some things I've noticed this week.

There are still obnoxious underclassmen girls who care about nothing more than having a senior guy for a boyfriend causing much consternation among the senior girls. (That girl is such a whore!)

If a guy has any waxing done, it's called manscaping. Yep. New one for me.

When your art teacher plays you her lame 80's music that was once cool (Echo and the Bunnymen, The Tom Tom Club, Elvis Costello) you must bump her music on GrooveShark with your own Lil' Wayne, Death for my Valentine, and Avril Lavigne songs. Then act shocked when your teacher actually goes along with it.

The cliques are still alive and well. Preps still have money. Goths still have attitude. Band kids are still band kids.

Boyfriends and girlfriends are made and unmade in a day.

Gay kids are far more accepted. Some are out, some are just known, some are bad-mouthed, but at least at my school, they are just part of the fabric.

Everybody wants to know if Lady Gaga is really a man. Do you know?

2 comments:

  1. I must be way behind on the times b/c I still think those bands are cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't if funny how we search for things to blog about and forget that to other people our lives are interesting!

    I think the answer to the Lady Gaga thing is to check for signs of manscaping.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'