Tuesday, July 12, 2011

BlogFest Story Chain

If you're just stopping in Deana Barnhart is hosting Blogfest this month. This week, the goal is to write a chain story, we've been given an assignment. Mine is no -ly adverbs, and I must use the words-- Science Fiction, cramps, and snag-- in what I write. Below you will find first a link to the blog with the story bit before mine, then after my writing, the link to the blog where the story continues. Have fun!



Dio's head spun. My parents, not dead? But it was hard to think locked in the trunk of a rusty, old Cadillac with cramps in her legs. She glanced around.

Spare tire. Check.
Fix-a-flat. Check.
Discarded fast food wrappers. Wait, in the trunk? Gross.

Maybe that's where the smell was coming from. But something snagged her brain. Something familiar. A smell like sulfur and day-old breakfast. She didn't think it was the left-over egg and bacon biscuit.

Could it be? Her eyes darted around the trunk, dim light seeping in through rust holes. Was he here? Life could sometimes be stranger than science fiction.

"Roddern?" she whispered.


12 comments:

  1. Way to pick up the threads, JRo. Sorry I shorted you a minute. Blogger through me into a panic at the last minute (all my text disappeared, but thankfully I'd saved the story to a word.doc.) Can't wait to see where this goes next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...you even included the fact that he smells. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! Oh to be kidnapped and stuck in a truck with a gorgeous stinky boy--it's every girls dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To love a guy that smells like rotten eggs! What could be better:) Angelina, you pulled it out, good for you!
    Did I tell you guys how fun this is:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this is funny and fun. It's pretty wild to see where it's going. My Cadillac trunk got turned into a clothing sort of trunk. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Roddern is back ^_^ Love it! And um...makes me realize my section doesn't fit at all, but, um...oops :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm laughing at the comment 'a gorgeous stinky boy'. This is such fun! And I like that at this point we're not sure if Roddern's there to help or make matters worse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wicked! I can't wait to read the whole thing together. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! I can't believe that smell is still sticking around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I can't help myself, really falling for this Roddern even though he does stink...LOL! Must be one heck of a big trunk!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'