Monday, May 23, 2011

The Joy of the Ride

Now, this blog title is the Joy of the Ride - talking about that wild ride which is wanna-be authordom. Don't get me wrong, I want to reach the destination (published, shiny cover), but for now the ride is FUN!

It's all of you - the tweeterers, the bloggers, the blue-boarders, critique partners, workshop classmates - YOU are what makes this ride heart-pounding and soul-satisfying. And it's YOU that help make writers - because if I could show you my first manuscripts compared to my now manuscripts, you'd know you deserved an A+ in mentoring.

So, raise your hands in the air like you don't care and ride on writers.

And P.S. - My revisions are cooking and the YA is getting sparkly and what's more...I have an AWESOME new MG idea that is not only a horse story, but possibly that nastiest of words.....commercial. What me? Commercial? Say it ain't so.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your brain's imagining overtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commercial books are so much fun to write! You'll have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so not what I write, but so what I write, mashed up into big time adventure. I drew maps today and did a major scene by major scene outline while administering an end of grade test. Got to finish YA revisions before I can totally dive in though.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'