Saturday, January 22, 2011

Writer versus Day Job

I love my job. Truly I do. I teach art to 600 students, grades K-5. Every day I teach I belly laugh, tear out my hair, get gifts of art work, greetings in the hall, heartfelt stories and more. How lucky am I. Very.

Only problem is, my absolute most creative writing time is from about 7 am till noon. That is the time the words pour. And for me, they're better if they pour. If I'm pecking and plucking, it's never as oomph as morning words. So, let me just say, as a writer...I love the weekend.

And what am I reading? I just finished "The Kite Rider" by Geraldine McCaughrean set in 13th century China. It's a middle grade historical with just the right amount of bad men/good boy tension. I give it 4 stars. I also love it because it has a slightly artistic theme. Go get it!

1 comment:

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'