Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Today has been one of those picture perfect western North Carolina snowy days. Light silvery flakes fell continually and as the sky went dark, every branch, every stem was coated with a thick layer of white frosting. I'm not a huge fan of snow and this part of the world has seen more than its share for this month, but I cannot deny the beauty.

Now I am snug in the house. The dogs and cats have all found their favorite warm spots (three on the bed!), the family is well-fed, and the farmyard critters are tucked in for the night.

And me, I am mentally obsessing about the writing dream. I'm resisting the urge to troll agent pages and the blue boards. Yet, at the same time, I can't help but look at this urgent obession as a gift. I've waited for many years for the fire to rekindle. It's a roaring flame now, the warmth that I need for a snow-filled winter.

Write-on! Merry Christmas! Stay Warm!

1 comment:

  1. That urgency is a message to you. I have found that just "beginning" invites divine assistance..I do not ask where it comes from but yours seems to be in the form of snow.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, do you ever wonder why they call it 'your two cents?'